Thursday, November 09, 2006

like sweet little vitamin C drops from heaven

I know I said I'd marry the mashed potatoes my mum makes for thanksgiving, and I stand by that. And I remember speaking of the glory that is the London fog, and it is quite likely that I might occasionally cheat on the mashed potatoes with the London fog, but there is now a new claim to my affection. Actually, it's more of a recurring theme. Those sweet little mandarin oranges that only come out at Christmas. Except that here, wonder upon wonders, they came out two weeks ago. I know, I should have mentioned them sooner, but there was the marking, and that whole grumpy business, and the fact that no one else squealed in delight like a pig being offered a big tub of muck when they saw the shiny little orange and green boxes which house these sweet little Christmas goodies. And several people turned and looked when I squealed.

So, something I love about Vancouver. They give me mandarin oranges months ahead of schedule, but still enough behind the consuming of the mashed potatoes that I doubt the latter will discover and get jealous. Except that the mashed potatoes usually make an appearance again at Christmas dinner. Hmmmm, I'll have to find a way to keep the two of them from finding out about each other.

On another note. You all have to check this out. For anyone who has ever given or received a teacher evaluation. My personal reaction is that I was not nearly creative enough in my evaluating!!

http://www.6park.com/enter1/messages/22959.html


So amusing. Further proof that many people find bald men sexy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would slather myself in mandarin oranges and have my clone eat them off of me, which I assume I would be able to taste too- yep, that's what I would do with a clone

8:01 PM  
Blogger mudget said...

I wouldn't want a clone. Then I'd have to share the oranges, and the attention of my adoring fans, which should be fixed squarely on me. On the other hand, there really can never be too much of me in the world. I'm torn.

The advantage to your scenario is that your clone would know where you were ticklish and wouldn't eat the oranges there, thus not ruining this self-absorbed moment of yours.

Out of curiosity, why are we talking about clones?

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fairly sure I already have a clone somewhere, the only problem is; from my best infurance, my clone stole all my luck and charm and fled the country. That is the only explanation for the fact that I have no luck, no charm and an underlying fear that someone is coming back someday to steal all his/my stuff.
I have a plan though, I figure all I need is more clones.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

happy birthday dollface!

1:46 AM  
Blogger mudget said...

a bit early aren't you? but thanks. Another reason not to have a clone, then I'd have to share my birthday. . . unless I created the clone on another day I suppose. Hmmm. Then I could dispose of the clone, impersonate the clone, and have two birthdays. This plan is foolproof.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home