Monday, October 09, 2006

I take up more space!!

Yes that's right everyone, there is now more of me to love thanks to a phenomenal thanksgiving dinner which I am eternally grateful for. . . or at least until Christmas comes around. Which is practically eternity. It's a pretty long time anyway, and given that time is relative, and my universe will die with me, and all those other strangely poetic and gropingly profound statements, it's close enough to eternal.

I spent thanksgiving with my family, and got to see some of you, which was awesome!! But the best part of this holiday is spending it with my first, last, and only true love. Yes, the mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmm. Guahhhhhhhhh, sorry, I tend to drool when I think of those potatoes. The merriment was only slightly tainted with the knowledge that I couldn't take the potatoes home with me, since they frown on that whole 'food on a plane' thing right now.

Too bad. But I carry a piece of them with me in my heart, and probably around my waist.

The sunflower suffered extreme depression in my absence and has turned an appalling shade of yellow. I tried to tell it that I was thinking of it the whole time I shoved those fluffy white mashed bits of heaven in my mouth, but I don't think that consoled it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was crazy once, they put me in a box. I died. Then the rats. came...

11:20 AM  
Blogger mudget said...

so happy feasting for the rats? Perhaps they know my potatoe-gorging joy, but I doubt it. No offense.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home