Friday, September 22, 2006

My sun flower bows to the earth in defeat

Despite this beautiful sunny day, my sun flower is dying. In a way this is a bit of a relief, cause I was slightly unsettled by the way it's many blooms watched me like so many yellow-fringed accusing eyes. As it's blooms slowly wilt, the yellow encloses the brown, and the heads bow down. It can't stare at me any more!! But it looks so tragic now, that I'm reminded that it really isn't the sun flower's fault that it looks that way. It's not bad, it merely evolved that way. So maybe I'll put it out in a good sunny spot tomorrow. Likely that won't help, I sort of have a curse when it comes to growing plants. I killed a cactus by underwatering it once.

I'm watching a black and white movie on T.V called "The Outsider" or something. I missed the title. It's got William Shatner in it. Not the old portly Shatner, but the young Shatner. It seems to be about some murder in Mexico, and Shatner's wearing a cowboy hat. I keep waiting for him to flip open his tri-corder and cry out "beam me up, Scotty." So far nothing. I'm deeply disappointed. But he does still have that uniquely shatneresque way of speaking, so all is not lost.

Anyway, enough random disjointed rambling. Now I ramble in a slightly more jointed direction. I was reading the paper the other day, and they said that Laura Secord will now be selling chocolates as therapy. It's this whole new marketing campaign. "Chocolate Therapy." Just had a fight with your mother? Here, this caramel milk chocolate drop will make everything better. Feeling frustrated with your job? Try a chocolate covered cherry.

Have anorexia? Eat this dark chocolate cameo. Come on, eat it. Eat it!!

Having deep existential anxiety because secretly you think Camus was right, we are caught in a meaningless existence and the only way out is suicide? Do I have the solution for you. Here, I've been saving this one. Hazelnut swirl. Can't you feel those suicidal thoughts just melt away?

I was also wondering whether the ad campaign would have to run all the standard warnings an medical complications that other mood-changing pills have to list on their ads. "Warning, may cause obesity, tooth-decay, diabetes etc." Hmmm, not the most compelling ad in the world. Then again, I suppose tooth-decay is preferable to suicide.

Oh damn. I think I've lost the thread of the movie in my excited ramblings about chocolate therapy. Shatner seems to have disappeared and there is some random woman in a wedding dress now. Huh. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger mudget said...

in case anyone wants to see the film, it was called "The Outrage". A true classic, with all the fun of rape making the woman want you more, and such. Plus, William Shatner!!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home