Friday, August 31, 2007

He's free. . . er


Critter has had his cast removed, and the vet claims that the prognosis is excellent. He has to be tethered for another three weeks, then he's allowed to actually be free, free. But for now, it's enough that he can lick his left toes, and scratch the left side of his face whenever it itches. He gets this smirk on his face every time he scratches his ear, like he's done something extremely clever.

I wasn't with him when he originally had the cast removed, Evan took him to the vet. He says the leg was all shriveled and sad looking, and Critter hopped around on three legs wondering what the hell had happened to his sturdy splint. But it looks better now, if I do say so myself. The leg is still a bit scary, and sometimes it looks independent from his body, just sort of tacked on as an afterthought. But he's walking well enough to save me from the wasps, so things are looking up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, frankenleg! The unpuffiness makes his paw look freakishly huge! I bet the kitty is already surly and curmudgeonly, even with the Tom Selleck 'stache. By the way, LOVE your story! I think Artan is a little...light on the feet? I think I screwed up my euphemism. I add homoeroticism to everything anyways. The story transfixed me and I hope there are more! (Artan moves into the fabulous gay hut, where everyone is always naked and doused in stew!) Brava!

9:54 PM  
Blogger mudget said...

Hey, how did you read my mind and discover my sequel!!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so I was feeling all guilty for not visiting your blog for god knows how long.... but I guess I had nothing to worry about. What gives, man? Have you abandoned it? I can threaten to start a My Life With Kristof blog, documenting all the diaper changes and the health of my breasts... so come on, update us, or else!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home