The Critter is Skittering
So, apparently I haven't graced this site with my presence in about a month. And here's why:

His name is "Critter" (he actually came with that name, much to Evan's delight) though we also call him Skitter, and Corey has nicknamed him peg-leg thanks to that stylish blue cast he's sporting. He also came with the cast. It'll come off in a few days. He's a complete klutz and likes to walk around the house talking to himself a lot, so there's a strong speculation that he might be crazy. He also has to scratch the ground methodically before drinking. . . adding to the speculations. He doesn't like to cuddle very often, but when he does, his purring is insanely fast, sounding like he's trying to hyperventilate himself in his happiness. When he doesn't know what something is, he jams his whole head in it in an effort to find out. . . so clearly this cat is going to have some trouble with Evan who is even now planning ways to exploit this strategy.
I also volunteered for the "Society for Exact Philosophy" last month, which was interesting. I did it because I didn't really have anything else to do except write my comprehensive papers, and a distraction from those that also gets me in the good books with a prof is a terrific distraction. Add in free food (sadly no free booze, but free food is free food) and the deal was sealed. But maybe I should have reconsidered. The "SEP" as they like to be called is where the nerdiest of the nerdy philosophers go to die. We're talking about all those dorks who took their undergrad in mathematics and thought, hey, pure math isn't quite useless enough, maybe should do the philosophy of math.
I know, there's really no distinction between my level of nerdiness and theirs to the non-philosophical and therefore untrained eye, but trust me, it's there. It's faint, but it's there. But actually, the conference was kind of fun (yes, I see, my level and they're level have just been brought closer together by that admission). It was a lot more low-key than most conferences, and people seemed more relaxed and comfortable. Maybe it's simply the admission that "we're all dorks here, lets have a good time and enjoy some free muffins and coffee".
So, once more, sorry for the delay in my posts, but it's summer, and the beach and Critter are calling, or maybe just the beach. Critter might just be talking to himself, I'm not really sure.

His name is "Critter" (he actually came with that name, much to Evan's delight) though we also call him Skitter, and Corey has nicknamed him peg-leg thanks to that stylish blue cast he's sporting. He also came with the cast. It'll come off in a few days. He's a complete klutz and likes to walk around the house talking to himself a lot, so there's a strong speculation that he might be crazy. He also has to scratch the ground methodically before drinking. . . adding to the speculations. He doesn't like to cuddle very often, but when he does, his purring is insanely fast, sounding like he's trying to hyperventilate himself in his happiness. When he doesn't know what something is, he jams his whole head in it in an effort to find out. . . so clearly this cat is going to have some trouble with Evan who is even now planning ways to exploit this strategy.
I also volunteered for the "Society for Exact Philosophy" last month, which was interesting. I did it because I didn't really have anything else to do except write my comprehensive papers, and a distraction from those that also gets me in the good books with a prof is a terrific distraction. Add in free food (sadly no free booze, but free food is free food) and the deal was sealed. But maybe I should have reconsidered. The "SEP" as they like to be called is where the nerdiest of the nerdy philosophers go to die. We're talking about all those dorks who took their undergrad in mathematics and thought, hey, pure math isn't quite useless enough, maybe should do the philosophy of math.
I know, there's really no distinction between my level of nerdiness and theirs to the non-philosophical and therefore untrained eye, but trust me, it's there. It's faint, but it's there. But actually, the conference was kind of fun (yes, I see, my level and they're level have just been brought closer together by that admission). It was a lot more low-key than most conferences, and people seemed more relaxed and comfortable. Maybe it's simply the admission that "we're all dorks here, lets have a good time and enjoy some free muffins and coffee".
So, once more, sorry for the delay in my posts, but it's summer, and the beach and Critter are calling, or maybe just the beach. Critter might just be talking to himself, I'm not really sure.


1 Comments:
Can I nickname him Puss in Boot (singular)? Seems like he's always entertaining to be around! Speaking of, "We're all dorks here", that's my and Mike's saying that we were thinking of putting above the door. you know, instead of "Home Sweet Home."
Post a Comment
<< Home