Why Christianity is my friend.
What a terrific week this has been. Not only am I talking to myself and spreading my unique outlook on the world here, but I am now subsequently infiltrating the unsuspecting human population on two new fronts, philosophy and fantasy. I've been accepted for publication, twice!!!
Once for a paper I wrote on Absurdity, (no, I'm not telling you what that is, you'll just have to read it in order to confirm your suspicions that I'm going to school to study something as absurd as absurdity,) and once for a silly little fantasy short story called "Inflamed".
Oddly enough, both were accepted by Christian publications. The philosophy paper was accepted as part of a conference publication by a department that is a hybrid of philosophy and theology and the conference was on metaphysics and religion in the twenty-first century.
The short story was accepted by The Sword Review, which is a fantasy and science fiction magazine which promotes Christian values.
Perhaps I am a closet Christian? Don't tell the agnostics!!
Anyway, someone up there loves me!! I'll let you know when the publications come out. The Sword Review said late July. They're paying me for my story too, a whole whopping $10.01!! Which officially makes me a starving professional instead of an obsessive hack. The philosophy paper is earning me no money, just the admiration of my peers. . . you all admire me now, right?
Once for a paper I wrote on Absurdity, (no, I'm not telling you what that is, you'll just have to read it in order to confirm your suspicions that I'm going to school to study something as absurd as absurdity,) and once for a silly little fantasy short story called "Inflamed".
Oddly enough, both were accepted by Christian publications. The philosophy paper was accepted as part of a conference publication by a department that is a hybrid of philosophy and theology and the conference was on metaphysics and religion in the twenty-first century.
The short story was accepted by The Sword Review, which is a fantasy and science fiction magazine which promotes Christian values.
Perhaps I am a closet Christian? Don't tell the agnostics!!
Anyway, someone up there loves me!! I'll let you know when the publications come out. The Sword Review said late July. They're paying me for my story too, a whole whopping $10.01!! Which officially makes me a starving professional instead of an obsessive hack. The philosophy paper is earning me no money, just the admiration of my peers. . . you all admire me now, right?


2 Comments:
i admire and respect you. where can we read this story? i can't wait till july. Why are you writing stories with christian values *eyes you suspiciously*....
Yes, I am also looking forward to this Chrisianly-inclined fantasy story. Does it involve elves?
Post a Comment
<< Home